'I finished your book and thought it was really enjoyable - and very readable.' Robin Pilcher, bestselling author of 'The Long Way Home'.
Amazon.co.uk (selection of reviews)
- 'Did not want this charming book to end, I felt like I knew the characters, their lives and homes. Some twists were so unexpected it kept me page turning. Such a lovely surprise to read this and feel so warmed by the love of family. Great book and one that I will recommend.' MRS T
- 'Really loved this book - a great first novel for Rebecca Boxall, hoping it comes out in paper version soon as will make a great present for a good few of my friends who like me love a good feel good novel with a great story line. I look forward to your next book with anticipation of another good read.' Mrs Rebecca Jury
- 'I absolutely loved this book!! It is a heart warming read which really transports you to life at the vicarage. Just perfect for the festive season! Very much looking forward to the next novel.' Kate Mills
- 'I absolutely adored this book, it has made me feel incredibly Christmassy! The characters were all very intriguing & there were lots of really good twists in the plotline. I was in tears at one point then laughing out loud the next! The characters were laid out to perfection, so much so that after finishing the book (which I read in a matter of hours) I almost missed them & couldn't help wanting to know more about what happens next in their 'happy ever after'. My favourite character was Bernie Pemberton, very funny & sweet character! I always think that the best authors always leave you wanting more & I was very disappointed to see this is only the first novel this lady has written! Hopefully she'll get another out soon!' Lydia
- 'This is a beautifully written book with well drawn characters that become friends. A wonderful involving read that will leave you wanting a sequel at the end.' M Wise
Amazon.com (selection of reviews)
- 'I love any book set in England and love novels with Christmas themes so this was a perfect match. A great new author to follow with the writing style that reminds of another favorite writer, Rosamunde Pilcher. Will definitely read more books from this author.' Kathy Dorsey
- 'If you love Rosamunde Pilcher and Marcia Willett you will love this book. I thoroughly enjoyed this story - loved the characters and hope the author writes many many more!' D Evans, 'Mom of Twins'
- 'Great first book. Very well written. Good characters, sense of place, and full of Christmas spirit. Fun read.' Trenterelli
- 'Charming -- Best of the Christmas Novels' Just Jayne, Escape and Learn
- 'Loved it - it reminded me of a Rosamunde Pitcher novel. Full of charming and lovable characters and a great story that kept my interest from beginning to end. Enjoyed reading it during this Christmas Season!! Delightful!!' PC
'I may be biased, as I also grew up in a small village in East Sussex like the author, but found the story a heartwarming tale. I have lived abroad for 30 years and she brought me back home again. Rebecca sets a scene and brings characters vividly alive in the imagination. A wonderful feel good story that has helped me to beat the January blues, what with reading this two weeks to the day since Christmas Day. For a first novel it is pretty impressive. I couldn't put it down. Loved the twist on the usual love story angle. Highly recommend this new author. I will be looking out for the next one! Thanks, Rebecca.' W R BERENTSEN